Coffee is Love
I was craving for a good cup of joe for quite some time now. Dumadaan ako araw-araw sa harap ng Starbucks Shang or pauwi sa harapan ng Starbucks EDSA central, but I never got the chance to indulge. At sa bawat araw na lumilipas, lalo tumataas yun level ng pag-crave ko, pero I must get to work early, or catch an fx ride home on time.But this evening, after a family dinner, my Dad invited us all for a coffee and you could just see how my eyes lighted up with glee. Finally, whoopee! \(^o^)/
The coffeeshop was not that crowded but this couple in front of me seemed to have a hard time deciding on their orders. The lady taking the order was nice enough to explain all the items in the menu. My feet were too tired from walking but this is my coffee that I've been craving for weeks so I didn't mind standing there for almost 10 minutes, just humming to myself. Yes, I was Ms. Patient of the Year during the entire duration I was waiting in line. When it was my turn to give our orders, it took me just about a minute then off I went to the pick-up station. There, I stood even longer. About 15 minutes perhaps. Just patiently watching the baristas in fixing cup after cup of steaming or Iced cold coffees -- for other guests.
Then I heard the sweetest name called out by the barista. My long-awaited coffee at last. :) With a tired smile that couldn't quite reach my eyes, I carefully went back to our seat and hold my hot cup of freshly-steamed joe. I opened the lid and enjoyed the aroma until it engulfed my senses. I closed my eyes as I took the first sip. I smiled widely. I don't remember the conversation my family was having. I was too busy enjoying my coffee. Before I knew it, it was time to leave, my cup was empty and I was still craving for more.
Now that I think about it, mas matagal pa yun pinila ko kesa sa pag-consume ko sa kape. At mas lalong matagal yun ilang linggo kong pagke-crave para lang sa iilang minuto ng indulgence na na-experienced ko. Then I laughed to myself. The wisemen were right. "Coffee is Love" sabi nga ng multiply page layout ko (Nag-plug pa!). Ang tagal-tagal mong maghihintay, magke-crave, magpapaka-patient sa araw na makikita mo siya. Tapos bibigyan ka ng iilang oras para i-indulge ka. Sa iilang oras na yun, sobrang saya mo na wala kang matatandaan sa pag-uusapan niyo. Hindi mo mare-remember kung anong nakita or pinuntahan niyo. Pero matatandaan mo ang scent ng shirt niya kapag dumidikit siya sayo. Maalala mo ang pakiramdam nung hawak niya ang kamay mo. Tatak syo yun mga mata niya kapag nakatitig siya. And before you know it, before you could even protest, aalis na ulet siya at iiwan kang even craving for more.
And just like what you do for your cup of coffee, you'll brave again the coming couple of weeks of craving, you'll embark once more the gruelling challenge of waiting, and you will be ever so patient in looking out for that perfect chance to see that love of your life again. All these just for a couple of minutes or hours to indulge your heart and senses until it's time for it again to leave. The cycle seems to be a torture, but believe me when I tell you that the bliss you get from that couple of hours will outweigh the agony of weeks of waiting. It's addictive because it's worth it.
So for some who says, "Coffee is Love", I'd say, "Go, get drunk."
