Monday, April 18, 2005

Shout Out

It takes me hours of tossing and rolling around my bed before I'd get a decent snooze. Have you ever experienced staying up till dawn, lying motionlessly on your bed, the lights are out except for the reflection from the spotlight outside your bedroom, your eyes wide open, your mind spinning and your heart beats so wild? I want to get something out of this, Life. Surely, there must be something for me, right? I looked back and realized I'd sacrificed a lot. I'd given so much. I did a good enough job, Life! So perhaps it's fair enough to assume that I, at least, deserved something in return. But what happens to "reaping my rewards"? Look. My hands are empty. My knees are trembling. How much more do you want from me?
Posted by chillybean at 11:46 PM |  
Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)