Monday, December 11, 2006

Family Reunion

Shit. I dunno how to start a week right. Here I am procrastinating to the highest level again and again. I am so unproductive, and I hate to admit that I’m lovin’ it! :) Anyway, I love weekends. My whole week is usually like blah. V. uneventful. But weekends are always incredible. For one, I get to spend some crazy time with my equally crazy boyfriend. :) Then add the rest of the tk gang and my happiness reach high heavens. And I quote Mo Twister, “good times!”

We had a family reunion last Saturday, which lasted until early morning of the following day. To say that it was a blast is an understatement. Imagine my two brother’s kakulitan times 1 million. My head ached from too much laughing and my tummy from too much eating. I am beginning to believe that I do belong to a family of frustrated stand-up comedians. Even my young niece of 3 years old made sure that she had her moments in the spot light. Kasi naman, my dad had 4 brothers, and 4 sisters. All of them are married. I have 30 cousins, 12 turning 13 nephews and nieces. Therefore, kapag hindi ka gumawa ng eksena eh makakalimutan ka namin. Well, not that my uncles and aunts would allow that naman because mula sa pagkamulat mo bilang bata eh alaskado ka na. So everyone gets their limelight moments every get-together. As you get older, gumagaling ka na rin sa pang-aalaska at pagdadala ng mga bashings nila. Bawal din ang pikon kasi…hmmm… korni! My balik-bayan cousin from Canada is sobrang gwapo (think a foot taller than AJ – so roughly 5’9”, with a body built like Arvie). Kumusta naman ang pagiging rugby player natin? Sabi nga ni Arvie, “nag-vibrate” ang muscles niya nung binangga siya sa basketball nila. Heheh! And he’s just 14. With a v. low voice that calls me, “Te Mimin”. Freaky. And his little sisters are just sooo adorable! In a slang tone, “A-te, are you crying? U-mi-i-yak-ka-ba?” "No, honey, I'm just sleepy." "You've been sleeping for 2 hours! Ka-ni-na-ka-pa-tu-log!" She translates her every sentence in a slow Tagalog. Cutie! 3 families will be spending Christmas dinner at our place. Happiness. :) Pretty sure this is going to be one of the best Christmases ever. :)
Posted by chillybean at 3:34 PM |  
Labels: ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)