Monday, January 22, 2007

Sarcasm All Over

This is a funny day. I worked my ass off the whole day for a report due 4pm today. But my ever-reliable PC chose to play tricks on me. I had no network connection AT ALL. Our IT person was on leave. With my little knowledge in troubleshooting, aided by the patience and support of our IT person (via phone), my other officemates, our messenger, and even my officemate’s boyfriend, I tried to figure out what was fucking wrong. But to no avail. I experienced techno-stress so early in the morning and it lasted the whole day. But because I was resourceful (translation: I was too scared to be tortured by my boss, and the report was needed for the meeting with AIM executives at 5pm, dammit!), I finished my report just on time. Halleluiah!

But my smile faded faster than I could say, “It’s done, moron!”. A short email from India, a sec AFTER deadline, that stated a significant change from our previous data gave the punch line to my already humorous day. Sumatutal, my report wasn’t accurate anymore. All efforts down to paper-shredder. Funny. It’s too funny I could cry.

But of course, it’s just work, so really, I don’t give that damn much.

Another funny scenario. A guy bestfriend called me up last night while I was in the middle of counting the lizards hanging around (or upside-down?) my ceiling. The company he’s working for decided to play boyoyong clowns and closed down the entire organization. Just. Like. That. In a snap of a finger, he lost the job he so loved he didn’t mind going to work just to hang out, and found himself parting with colleagues-turned-‘kada. Wala na siyang kumpanya. Just. Like. That.

You know what else is funny? I called up my dear cousin I’ve mentioned in my entry entitled, “death”. (Obviously, I mean the one who’s still alive.) She’s scheduled to visit her doctor tomorrow. She has this weird, out-of-this-world (translation: I don’t know what it’s medically called YET) disease that requires her to: wear this certain kind of stockings forever; take a medicine worth Php35 each twice a day forever; and have her both legs scanned every 2 months -forever. Did I mention she has no permanent source of income that she found the need to apply to DSWD to sustain these expenses? She has 2 little kids that she can’t even carry because of her condition. And she is just 23 years old! In fairness to her, you really cannot tell that she has too much in her hands kasi naturally -happy girl siya. I was mentally computing my monthly salary to see how much I can give her every month (no, she wasn’t asking for it). Kaso pucha, kulang talaga yun sweldo ko eh, gusto ko matawa. Even so, when she told me that she has to be very careful not to get bruises or any form of wounds in her legs. Internal bleeding especially in her case, according to the doctor, is fatal. Laugh with me now. Ha. Ha. Ha.

O sige na nga, ito na finale: today is Mayee’s 40th death day anniversary.

Posted by chillybean at 5:48 PM |  
Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)