Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ho Chi Minh City

Alo! Greetings from Saigon! :)

Just random blabbing.

I've finally met the faces behind my Vietnamese contacts. Can I just rave how they are extremely nice? Kahit di na namin naiintindihan ang English nang isa't-isa eh kung todo smile at tawa pa rin sila. Hehehe! I even scored us (me and my officemate) a complimentary lunch earlier in one of the hotels I visited courtesy of this very, very nice gentleman that reminds me of Hiro Nakamura.

Then my officemate dragged me to her appointment with a prospective booth contractor. All throughout the meeting I was humming "She Bangs!" in my head. William Hung version. ^_^"

I had 8 meetings for this day. I started at 8am and finished by 5pm. Then after a few minutes of resting inside our hotel room and dining out, my officemate and I embarked the gruelling task of measuring the entire conference area. Kumusta naman yun natapos kami ng around 11ish.

Tiring day. Normally, marami na kong napicturan na lugar, tao, bagay at self portrait. Ngunit, subalit datapwat, nakakahiya sa officemate ko. Hindi pa siya masyadong aware sa pagiging camerawhore ko. Besides sa fact na wala pa talagang time. Wednesday, i'll make the time. :P

I'm amused by their cultures. I really wanna buy those silky dresses and wear "salakot". At kabog ang Rizal sa dami ng scooter. I'm proclaiming this country the land of scooter boys and girls. Grabe. "Sagip-buhay laban sa mga scooter boys and girls advocacy" dito. Sila ang hari ng kalsada. Walang laban ang mga jeep ng Pinas. Panis.

Mas maraming meetings, mas maraming trip reports at follow-ups na due in 24 hrs. Yawn. I'm sleepy. Pero ninenok ko muna 'tong si Cocoy (name ng laptop namin) while nagre-rest si officemate. Later paggising niya, siya naman ang gagawa ng trabaho.

I miss my own bed. zzzz.

Email from boss at 6:53pm:
"I think the two ladies are grown up now – even if not yet 27 years. Why? I cannot make it to Vietnam till Wednesday. "

Wawa naman yun officemate ko. Panick mode siya. Lahat kasi ng appointment niya, she needs our boss to be around. Good for me though kasi yun mga appointments ko eh on my own lang so not much changes I need to deal with. Besides, I'm out-of-the-country and away from my boss! I couldn't ask for more! :p

...or maybe more time for rest will be nice....or more time to tour around the city. i wouldn't mind going around on my own. In fact, I pretty much preferred that. Hopefully, I'll find the chance. Parang cutting-classes lang ba. :p

O siye, random blabbing time over. Back to work. Darn.
Posted by chillybean at 12:34 AM |  
Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)