Monday, April 02, 2007

Holy Week moments

"I just wanna be on the beach. Sunburn!"

I am counting the days...then hours before the much-awaited Marinduque trip. For one, I'm dying to feel the sun on my skin in a more decent manner. Meaning, not while I'm sprinting my way to the office.

Next, I need a refresher! I need to see a different environment other than my office, MRT, fx rides and my room.

And I need to spend time with people I love rather than those I am forced to like. (Ok, let's not go further into details here. Good vibes, all!) I just wish he could come with us, though. It'll definitely be much more fun with him fooling around. *sigh* (I said, good vibes!)

Funny, I had an entry also last year about this Marinduque trip. I'm sooo glad it's finally pushing through.

-0-0-0-0-

Yesterday was Palm Sunday. As we used to do for the past several years, lagi kami asa Bulacan kasi may traditional "pabasa" or "pasyon" si Nanay (my mom's nanay) sa house niya. So yesteday is just one of those days, only a bit crazier:

Palm Sunday scene #1.

May katabi si Dad sa Church na matandang lalaki. He was so talkative we could all hear him mumble. During the homily, he was irritatingly saying to everyone who could here:

"Hay naku. Yang bibliya na yan eh ilang beses ko na nabasa. (bragging tone) Si Hesus eh anak nila Jose at Maria! Bakit ba 'tong si Father eh sabi nang sabi na si Hesus eh anak ni David???" (shaking his head in disbelief)

Eh bomalabs nga naman si Father eh noh? You could just imagined how we tried our very best not to burst into laughter. Haha!


Palm Sunday scene #2:

Para sa crucifix, Sto. Niño, and Mother Mary statue sa altar ng bahay ni Nanay for the pabasa, bumili si Dad ng maraming sampaguita. Naglalakad siya from the vendor's area to where we were standing, may lumapit sa kanyang matandang babae and told him, "Mama, penge ngang sampu (10-peso worth of samapaguita)."

Bwhahahaha!!! Na-tempt nga si Dad na ibenta yun mga sampaguita in a much higher price eh. :p

Palm Sunday scene #3:
Bibili si Dad ng dyaryo, so inabot nya sakin yun sampaguita.
In 10 seconds, may lumapit sakin na Ale at nagsabing, "Pabili nga."

Hahahahah!!!!!

Palm Sunday scene #4:

Wala naman. Just my brother making a scene sa kalagitnaan ng crowd.

"Ano, ate, kamukha ko na ba si Sto. Niño?"

*insert rolling eyes here*
Posted by chillybean at 10:24 AM |  
Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)