Sunday, November 06, 2005

Oblivion

My friends and I had reached the point in our lives wherein we’re unceremoniously thrown in the middle of the jungle, against our better judgment, and armed with nothing but our indecisive instincts. To say that we’re L-O-S-T is an understatement and too cliché to be real.

I was left two (or was it three?) agonizing years behind, so you would have thought that they had already prepared me for this. Unfortunately, it was not the case. Too late to realize that no amount of pep talk and warning rants could have made my arrival any less difficult and untimely.

I’m getting more and more anxiety attacks and it’s not making my situation any easier. With dead tired body and spinning mind, I would find myself wide awake at odd hours in the damn morning just thinking. I just want to be contented, is it too much to ask?

Who made this stupid maze, anyway? I’ve been trying to find the right way all these time and all I’m getting is an accumulation of frustrations. I’ve shed too much tears already. My friends (including the love of my life) had given me enough warnings, but here I am, much more off the course than I’ve ever been. Can somebody please hand me the manual? Sirit na Lord oh!

The more that I’m trying to conceal the difficulty I’m going thru, the more that even my body is betraying me lately. Seems Mr. Stress is getting the best of me. (Do I still look 18? I mean, 23?!)

*********

A Thursday dinner with my soulfriend and another good friend at Tiendesitas. Tiyangge-hopping right after dinner. Sound-tripping inside my good friend's car in search for a perfect coffee shop. Chit-chat until 12 midnight over a cup of joe.

The best moments in my life are those that I spend with them. When I think about our 10 years of friendship, I always knew I can make it thru.
Posted by chillybean at 5:50 PM |  
Labels: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)