Tuesday, March 20, 2007

On the same boat

This is a funny, and at the same time very sad, thought. I stumbled upon my officemate's blog again. And as I was reading through her latest entry, it felt like I was actually the one who wrote it. Her every sentiment screams of my very own friggin' thoughts. Perhaps because we sort of play the same function this year, only for different events. So while she dreaded the nagger boss's wife (who handles the finances), I, on the other hand, tremble everytime AIM executives (that includes Finance Director) gets in the picture. Let me quote my favorite part in her entry:

"Dele reg comes, acknowledge, assures dele should they have any queries, please let me know I will be most happy to assist, send invoice, inputs at DB, chase payments, answer questions, answer boss' wife, get calls from dele with funny accents, book hotel, transfers, send reports, updates, stay up late tallying DB, getting screamed at by the boss during bag delivery, getting screamed at for the forever late dele list, mock reg, first day of reg, tired smiles that couldn't quite reach the eyes.

"I've thought about this and I've carried this burden for quite sometime now. And believe me, when I thought it has ended, it's like acne that keeps popping out every now and then. And the truth is, when I think of what I have to go through all over again, I balked at the thought. My mind just REFUSES to accept that I have to go through it all again!

"Then, why and what the hell am I staying here for?"

As we kept hearing from our boss, "THE HANDWRITINGS ARE ON THE WALL!" We have enough signs telling us that we should not be here. But why do we thrive on this kind of torture??
Posted by chillybean at 3:20 PM |  
Labels: , ,

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)