Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Shallow and Superficial

I just have to get this off my chest.

How can some people in my course (specifically faculty) be very shallow and superficial?! I can understand how important it is to look pleasant in our so-called industry, but changing who you are is way overboard, pare! They are forcing us to be somebody that we are not! They had just degraded humanity several inches down the notch, it's really disappointing. As Ma'am Karen (obviously not from my course) said, why are they forcing all of us to wear skirts if some of us are not comfortable with it? What the hell is wrong with slacks?! Why are they forcing us to wear "heavy" make-up if some of us, again, are not comfortable with it? Why do they have to impose on us their "ideal perception of beauty"?!?! And I've heard that faculty people were even criticizing/laughing at our resume pictures just because some of us don't look good on camera, or at least they thought so. Talking about Shallow-mindedness, Hall of Fame. And they call themselves, "Professors"?!?!?! Boo!!! Sana lang kasi perpekto sila!

Again, comment nga ni Ma'am Karen, getting the job is about who you are, what you've learned from the academe and experiences, about your character, your attitude, and NOT about how people see how beautiful your face and body are. Wala kaming balak mag-GRO for crying out loud!!! Langya, I'm no beauty queen. But even if I were one, wala akong balak pumasok sa trabahong ang tingin sa akin ay isang palamuti. I would rather be acknowledge for my brain, my attitude and my compassion.

They should be teaching us how to be confident about ourselves. To be true to ourselves. To be happy with what we have, with who we are. To feel beautiful inside and out. And not to conform to their kababawan sense of kagandahan!.
Posted by chillybean at 11:01 PM |  
Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)