Sunday, August 05, 2007

Posion II

She drank the poison straight from the flask. I tried to stop her but her instinct got her faster than me. With a little hesitation and trembling lips, she emptied the flask before I could even stop her. The poison ran through her veins and numb her senses. But she could not hide it too well. The pain was reflected through the window of her soul. Her smile could not manage to reach her eyes anymore. It was betraying her. It cannot possibly be how she thought it was, right? It has been such a long time since the last time she drank the poison -- also due to her ignorance. Back then, I can remember how she became really paralyzed. Would it be the same thing this time around? She may not be able to take it. One affirmation and it will totally crash her.

Incidentally, the person that gave her the flask was present. He didn't saw her drink through the flask but he could see through the window that something was slowly killing her. I thought he would watch her die in front of him. I was ready to hate him. But just like the first time he did this to her, he managed to carefully and affectionately carried her out through the back door. He saved her. He is afterall, as it has always been, her antidote.

I just hope he would never give her that fatal flask again. And I beg he'll hear my plea.
Posted by chillybean at 10:21 AM |  
Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)